Money Advice team: Derby Homes residents
Our Money Advice team, part of Derby Advice, provides free, confidential and independent advice around money and debt problems, budgeting and also welfare benefits. This advice is available for:
- Tenants renting a property managed by Derby Homes.
- Derby Councillors.
- Professionals working in Derby for voluntary sector organisations.
If you are renting a property managed by Derby Homes and you owe money to other people or are struggling with your finances, we can help by offering you an appointment with an independent money adviser.
We can help if:
- You are struggling to pay your rent.
- You need to know which benefits you are entitled to.
- You are affected by the under – occupancy charge or benefit cap.
- You have had any letter about your benefits that you do not understand.
- You need support to plan your weekly/monthly budget.
- You need support to sort out your debts and take action.
- You need advice on court procedures, replying to court documents and representation at court appearances.
- You need help with a Debt Relief Order or bankruptcy.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment. We can arrange to see you at the following offices:
- Brook Street
- Stockbrook Street
- Sussex Circus
- Old Sinfin
What should I do if I have debt problems but I do not rent a home managed by Derby Homes?
You can still get help by contacting Citizens Advice on 01332 228700 or contact the following organisations for help: