Equality and diversity is very important to us. To help us make sure that we remove barriers to equality in our policies, services and procedures, we have some equality Hubs and Forums.
Our Equality Hubs and Forums
These Hubs and Forums are where members and councillors meet to discuss and give advice on Council policies, services and procedures. They also help us complete our equality impact assessments.
- 60 Plus Forum - This Forum is open to anyone living or working in Derby aged 60 years and over.
- Access, Equality and Inclusion Hub - Parks Sub Group - This Hub is open to disabled people and organisations providing services to disabled people. We also have a Parks sub group focusing on access.
- Learning Difficulties Partnership Board - The Board is a partnership between the Council, Health and CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group). It is open to people with learning difficulties, carers and organisations providing services to people with learning difficulties.
- Race Equality Hub - This Hub is open to Black, Asian and minority ethnic community organisations and individuals living within the city.
- Deaf and Hearing Impaired People’s Commitment Group - This Group is open to Deaf people and people who are hearing impaired.
Here to help you
Our Hubs and Forums are here for you to help with your policies, services and procedures, as well as your equality impact assessments. You can attend the Hub/Forum meetings, engage them in your consultation and where necessary, we can set up a Task and Finish group for more in depth work.
If you would like to attend a meeting, find out more about the Hubs/Forums including how to utilise them or have an agenda item, contact us:
For our Access, Equality and Inclusion Hub or our Deaf and Hearing Impaired People’s Commitment Group, please contact: