COVID-19 - Development control
All customers should be aware that the Development Control (Planning) Team is continuing to work during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, but in a slightly different manner.
The team is working remotely and remains committed to its completion of the various functions to enable applications to be registered, validated, consulted upon, assessed and dispatched in a timely manner. Officers may seek assistance with additional information surrounding site visits and your-co-operation at this time is appreciated.
In terms of specific service issues please note:
- Instead of phoning the team please direct all enquiries to DevelopmentControl@derby.gov.uk. This inbox is monitored daily by various officers so enquiries are answered promptly.
- During the current working arrangements our ‘duty’ appointments are only by telephone and they are without charge for householders. Please e-mail the DC Inbox with your contact details and you will be will be allocated a slot.
- With regard to duty appointments our arrangements are changing from 8 April 2020 onwards to Wednesdays between 10.30am and 3pm. This will, hopefully, provide a more accessible mid-week slot for customers to utilise.
- In terms of fee payments please use the 'pay it' tool on the website if payment hasn't been made using the Planning Portal. This will be the most secure method for making payments.
- Our pre-application charges, which are available on our web-site, are currently under review and will be updated in the future to ensure that the service responds to the needs of all customers.
Your patience and co-operation is appreciated at this time and these messages will be updated if circumstances change.