Supporting economic growth
We support economic development and growth in the city based on the four themes of Derby’s Economic Strategy:
- Raising productivity
- Boosting innovation
- Improving collaboration
- Spreading the benefits of growth for all.
Some of the things we do include:
- providing businesses with advice, financial support and property choices
- raising the awareness of businesses to the range of support available to help them innovate
- encouraging people to take their first steps into creating their own business
- facilitating residents to access appropriate employment and training advice
- supporting young people in their career choices and employability skills
- helping people and businesses to maximise the benefits of the city's international links and promoting Derby to potential investors
- working with our partners to deliver the Economic Growth Strategy, the City Centre Masterplan, the D2N2 Strategic Economic Plan and the Local Industry Strategy.