Have your say on resurfacing schemes in the city
Published: 10 July 2020
We have undertaken a number of significant road repair schemes in the city and would like your views on these to help us improve how we undertake and complete future schemes.
We have completed several different types of schemes across the city, including:
- Resurfacing (where we replace the top layer of tarmac)
- Reconstruction (where we remove and rebuild several layers of road)
- Large scale patching (where we resurface large patches of damaged road)
We would like your views on these particular projects we’ve completed in 2019/20:
- Sinfin Lane, junction with A5111 (resurfacing)
- Osmaston Road, junction with Ascot Drive (reconstruction)
- Kedleston Road, Darley ward (reconstruction)
- Nottingham Road, Derwent ward (reconstruction)
- Stenson Road, Blagreaves ward (large scale patching)
- Burton Road, Littleover ward (large scale patching)
We will be spending approximately £8m on road maintenance repairs and improvements during 2020/21 and we will seek your views on other completed schemes next month so please keep an eye out for that.
Councillor Jonathan Smale, Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods, Public Protection and Streetpride commented:
We hope that residents think we’re doing great work to keep our roads in tip top shape but it’s also important to listen to views to see if we can make improvements. We’re investing a significant amount of money into our roads in the coming year and we want to make sure that we’re doing the best that we can for our residents. Please do get involved and help shape your local services.