Business ‘restart’ grants now open for applications
Published: 8 April 2021
Derby City Council is now welcoming applications from businesses for a new grant scheme.
Grants are available to businesses within the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors.
In the March budget, the Chancellor announced a £5 billion grant scheme for England to help high street businesses reopen after lockdown.
Around 700,000 businesses across the country are eligible for the grant, including non-essential shops, salons, gyms and restaurants.
Businesses in the hospitality and leisure sectors that are not due to open until Monday 17th May or Monday 21st June as part of the Government roadmap, could receive as much as £18,000. Non-essential retailers who are currently hoping to open on Monday 12th April, will be eligible for grants worth up to £6,000.
How does it work?
- Most businesses who have previously applied for and received a related business support grant from Derby City Council will, providing they meet all the eligibility criteria and satisfy any pre-payment checks, receive payment without needing to reapply – we will contact you by email to inform you of this
- This will come from firstname.lastname@example.org – please do not delete this email if you receive it. You may also wish to check your junk folders
- Businesses who have not previously claimed a related business support grant or businesses that have previously applied but it is not clear what size of grant they may be entitled to will need to submit an application form to claim a Restart Grant
- The application process will be online via myAccount, businesses that have not previously used this service will need to create an account
- You only need your telephone number and email address to create an account and the registration process only takes a couple of minutes to complete
- Those that have already registered will simply need to log in using their existing email address & password
Please note, if you do not receive an email but you believe your business is eligible for a grant, you will need to complete an application.
Once the application form has been submitted successfully the business will receive an email to confirm this with an application reference number. The application will then be passed to the grants processing team to undertake the mandatory pre-payment checks.
Payments will be made by BACS into the bank account nominated by the business on the application form.
Full details of all the financial support schemes, including eligibility, are available on the Business Financial Support pages of the Council website.
Simon Riley, Strategic Director of Corporate Resources at Derby City Council, said:
The past year has been an undoubtedly difficult time for our city’s businesses, but as we begin to ease the lockdown, we hope that financial pressure will also reduce.
We welcome the additional funding from Government to provide extra support for Derby’s economy as we begin our recovery from COVID.
We would encourage all businesses who are eligible to apply as soon as possible. We will, as ever, endeavour to process applications and payments as efficiently and quickly as possible.