Care workers that visit a property on a regular basis may apply for a digital carer permit.
Alternatively, residents who have a care worker that visits on a regular basis may apply for an annual paper floater permit for the carer.
The cost of a carer permit is £25 per year.
We will need to see supporting documents, such as a letter from a GP or the Council’s Adult Social Care service confirming that a care worker is needed.
Conditions of use:
- The permit applies only in resident parking zones and limited waiting areas if you have a permit holder’s exemption.
- For a paper carer permit, the resident needs to hand the permit to the carer when visiting, to display in their vehicle.
- The permit is not valid unless it is clearly displayed or have a valid digital permit.
- The permit is not valid on yellow lines, in disabled spaces, or in private parking areas.
- The permit does not guarantee a parking space.
- The permit is not valid in bays where pay and display restrictions apply.
Alternatively, if you would prefer a paper permit or require general advice, contact our Customer Service team on 01332 640000 or contact us online