Historical marriage searches
Need a copy certificate?
What records do we hold?
The Derby Register Office hold all the births, marriage and death records for the Derby Registration District from 1 July 1837 to the present day. We can also access some of the Shardlow district records as well as the sub-districts of Spondon, Melbourne and Repton.
We can conduct a five-year search within your certificate application fee. Unfortunately, we are unable to conduct an open ended general search of our indexes.
We offer two levels of service:
- cost £35
- can be posted 1st class or collected from Royal Oak House
- ordered by 12.30pm from Monday to Friday, collect the same day after 3pm
- ordered after 12.30pm, collect the following day after 10.30am
- cost £11
- can be posted 2nd class or collected from Royal Oak House after five working days
Royal Oak House, Market place, Derby DE1 3AR
- Monday to Thursday from 9am to 4.30pm
- Friday from 9am to 4pm
If the record is not held by the Derby Office, please contact the register office where the event occurred.
What information do I need to provide?
- the year in which a particular event was registered
- the place where the event was registered
- the name of the individual or individuals involved
For further advice on records of Derby city or genealogy, visit the government's Researching Family History website.
|Monday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Thursday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Friday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Saturday||Ceremonies by appointment only|
If you have a question or comment regarding historical marriage searches please complete the Historical marriage searches form.