Sign language service
If you have hearing difficulties you can contact Derby City Council using SignVideo Web Access. This is an online sign language interpreting service.
When you are connected to the service, a sign language interpreter will talk to the person you would like to contact and sign their responses to you.
Before using SignVideo BSL Live, please make sure your computer has the following:
- Your computer must have a webcam
- You need one of the common web browsers which include Internet Explorer (version 7, 8 or 9), Firefox (version 3 or newer), Safari and Google Chrome (please note that this is not a complete list of all compatible browsers)
- A good internet connection. We recommend a bandwidth of at least 256kbps
We regret that the service is not currently available for Internet Explorer 10 users or some Apple devices.
If this is your first time, you will need to download and install the Live Video Plug-in. Please follow the instructions on the screen once you are connected to the Web Access page.
The SignVideo service is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Connect to the signing service
Follow the steps below to make use this service
- Visit the SignVideo website
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter
- Tell the interpreter which person or department you would like to contact
If you are having problems using the service and you need some technical help, please contact email@example.com or call 020 8463 1120