St Peters Street (The Spot), Babington Lane and Gower Street
This project is located in the Spot area of Derby City Centre and our proposals hope to create:
- improved connectivity along St Peter's Street and Babington Lane that makes these streets pedestrian and disabled user friendly
- more attractive unified streets that strengthen the feeling of place and create local identity
- a contraflow cycle lane that is partly segregated from vehicles
- relocation of Blue Badge Holder parking provision to Gower Street that has level access onto the street
- wider pavements with tree planting and attractive new sitting areas that incorporate disability accessible seats
- improved level crossing areas at the junction of London Road and Osmaston Road
- improved level crossing areas at the junction of Babington Lane and Gower Street
Earlier in the year we asked you for comments and suggestions to help us to develop our plans for this area.
Thank you to everyone that gave their feedback. Where possible we have incorporated this feedback to develop our proposals and would appreciate your feedback again now to help us determine the next steps.
Please visit our consultation pages, for full details and to take part in the survey.
The consultation is open until 16 January 2022.