Draft Consultation Plan
The Council will consult fully on all the infrastructure schemes to be delivered under the ATF T2 programme, and we look forward to engaging in the process of local surveys and co-designing with communities to develop and deliver many of the elements of programme.
A full and detailed plan will be released in January 2021. This will take account of priorities for delivery and trials, and we also need to acknowledge that consultation will need to be structured around the May 2021 local council elections.
Cycle Derby Plan
The Cycle Derby Increased Delivery Plan is primarily additional support for training school pupils. We will not carry out formal consultation on this scheme, but we will engage with communities and integrate the scheme within our comprehensive offer for school travel, which involves collaboration across council services and with external partners to deliver active travel programmes direct to schools and surrounding communities. This will also be delivered alongside community education activities, essentially demonstrating how existing infrastructure can be used to make local and commuter journey’s, particularly in the south of the city area.
School Safe Haven Project
The Council have identified fourteen schools where we want to test interventions. We will initially consult with local Councillors, Neighbourhood Boards and the schools. Most of these locations have issues which have been raised over many years and we intend that measures at most locations will initially be implemented using experimental TROs. This will obviously set in motion formal consultation processes, but we will also conduct the community surveys and collect opinion based on the actual experience of changes implemented. The final schemes will obviously be influenced and in many cases co-designed with communities.
We intend that the first school schemes will be implemented (experimental TROs) with consultation starting in February 2021. Some locations may be more locally sensitive and consultation and local engagement may be required ahead of any intervention. This will mean that schemes are delayed until March 2021 or possibly until after the local council elections.
- Initial consultation with Neighbourhood Boards and Local Councillors – February 2021
- Experimental TROs and trial changes, including local surveys as part of formal consultation requirements – March, April and May 2021
- West Park School, St Werburgh’s Church of England Primary School and Spingfield Primary School Consultation is now open until Friday 14 May
This is the most challenging of our schemes, and full local engagement and co-design of options is essential for any scheme to be successful. We anticipate that this will be a longer process, with initial engagement starting in January 2021 and continuing through to June 2021.
The details of consultation, engagement and the pages for initial feedback will be published on our website (asap). With full details and a consultation timetable available in January 2021.
- Initial consultation with Neighbourhood Board and Local Councillors - February 2021.
- We anticipate engaging in local option and design development throughout March, April and May.
- Local Survey and consultation on options in May, June and July.
- Development of a locally preferred and supported option August.
Implementation (possibly by experimental order) in September, with further local survey and consultation as part of the experimental process.
Segregated cycle lanes
These will be subject to consultation and local surveys before being implemented. Tranche one has shown us that there is an appetite for cycle segregation, however the quality of what is delivered and the process of consultation and awareness raising is something that we want to focus on in tranche two.
The details will be published in January for initial comment, with consultation and local engagement starting in March 2021.
- Initial consultation with Neighbourhood Boards and Local Councillors - March 2021
- Local survey and formal consultation starting end of March for early schemes, with other schemes being released for consultation during April and May.