'Thank you' payment for hosts - Homes for Ukraine
If you are a host as part of the Homes for Ukraine Scheme, you are eligible for an optional 'thank you payment' of £350 per month.
This payment is tax free and should not affect your entitlement to benefits or Council Tax status.
Who is eligible?
Only the named lead sponsor is eligible for the payment, up to a maximum of 12 months.
Only one monthly payment will be given per residential address, regardless of the:
- number of guests being hosted
- property size
- location of the property
Lead sponsors are not eligible for the £350 monthly payment if they are charging the guest rent.
We will ask the sponsor and guest if the guest is being charged for rent, food, or utilities.
If any contributions are excessive, we will use our discretion to assess these and may decline the payment. However, we accept that a delay in thank you payment being paid may require contributions and will disregard these when making a decision.
What if the guests move out before 12 months have passed?
If they move out before the full 12-month period, you are eligible to claim one last payment if the guest lived in their accommodation for at least the first half of the month.
We will also conduct an in person check after at least 6 months to confirm the guests are still living at the accommodation.
When can the payment be made?
Payments can only be issued to lead sponsors after:
- there is confirmation the accommodation exists and can be used for residential purposes
- the property has passed accommodation checks
- the guests have arrived in the accommodation
- everyone has passed safeguarding checks.
We must also carry out fraud checks in line with our anti-fraud processes. We will do this by:
- checking sponsor details against the electoral register and Council Tax records
- asking you for a copy of a recent back statement to confirm your identity and banking details.
How do I apply?
We will contact you with details of how to apply and send you a form to complete.