Council House information
Welcome to Derby City Council House
The Council House opened on 17th December 2012. The building offers:
- an efficient, bright and airy Customer Service Area
- a Council Chamber at its centre, putting democracy at the heart of everything we do
- a BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method)
- an Energy Performance Certificate rating of A+
- hydro-electric power from the River Derwent
- a staff base for almost 3000 employees (the previous Council House could only accommodate 500 staff)
- full accessibility to all of our staff and customers, including a disabled changing places facility and breastfeeding room
- excellent meeting facilities
- free public Wi-Fi (the password is available from reception).
For more information about the Council House and what facilities are available please look at our frequently asked questions.
How to find us?
The Council House is located on Corporation Street, right in the heart of the city centre. Google maps shows its location along with the bus station, train station and other Council office locations in Derby city centre.
View our website for more information and advice on public transport in Derby.
You can also take a tour around the Council House with Google Maps.
How to contact us?
The Council House opening hours
The Council House is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
For more information, read our frequently asked questions.
Switchboard opening hours
Telephone: 01332 640000
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
For more contact information visit the Contact the council page.
Why come to Derby?
Derby is the UK's most central city, a great place for a cultural break and a great base to explore nearby Peak District delights. A really friendly place, great value for money and very easy to get around, you'll feel welcome right from the start, so visit soon and discover Derby for yourself. For more information on where to stay, where to eat and what Derby city has to offer look at the Visit Derby website.