Music services in Derby City
Our music education services, both in and out of school, are provided by the Derby and Derbyshire Music Partnership, lead partner of the Derbyshire Music Education Hub.
The Derbyshire Music Education Hub is a collaboration between key local and regional music organisations, led by the Derby and Derbyshire Music Partnership, working together to create joined up, high quality music education in and out of school.
The two overriding aims of the Derbyshire Music Education Hub are to broaden and increase the opportunities for music-making for all children and young people in the city and county, regardless of their background or personal circumstances. And to raise the standards of music provision to the highest levels possible.
What we do and what we provide
A wide range of opportunities are available for all stages of learning, including:
- regular instrumental and vocal tuition
- singing projects for schools
- key stage 2 whole class ensemble teaching (including Wider Opportunities)
- curriculum support for schools
- professional development opportunities for all key stages
- projects and musical experiences for special schools
- live performances by professional musicians
Find more about the Derby and Derbyshire Music Partnership and the Derbyshire Music Education Hub.