Our Voice, Our Success
Derby’s ‘Our Voice, Our Success’ is a group open to children and young people who are looked after by Derby City Council. We are all aged between 10 and 24 and live in and around Derby.
We currently meet face-to-face a number of times a year usually on the first Tuesday of the month (every other month, please contact us for upcoming dates) from 5pm to 6.30pm.
What is Our Voice, Our Success all about?
- We discuss issues that matter to us and other young people in care
- Sometimes we invite guests to come and talk to us
- We campaign for changes to make things better
- Sometimes we organise trips and activities
- We get involved in opportunities like the Takeover Day!
- We get involved in training and recruitment and give our views
- We play games, have food together, make friends and have lots of fun!
How can I get involved in Our Voice, Our Success?
We welcome you, your views, and your opinions. We're a small group and 'all in the same boat', so don’t be shy – come and join in!
Our Voice, Our Success is for all children and young people (aged 10 to 24) with care experience. We talk about the issues that are important to us, as children and young people, and help make positive changes to improve things for everyone.
We meet with managers to see how they are delivering on their promises.
The views of Our Voice, Our Success members are used to influence the delivery and design of services to improve outcomes for looked after children and care leavers and we have a standing agenda item at the Corporate Parenting Committee which young people are encouraged to attend if they wish.
How can I ask you to be involved in decision making?
If you want to consult us, please complete our online form.