Careers advice for adults
What does careers@derby offer to adults?
Impartial, face to face advice and guidance is also available to adults over 19 with the qualified advisers from the careers@derby team, who can help you:
- choose the right job, career or learning course
- identify your work skills
- compile a successful CV, complete application forms and prepare for interviews
- use ICT facilities to apply for jobs and courses
- find out about qualifications and jobs, voluntary work and other support to get into work and learning.
How do adults contact careers@derby?
Careers@derby is part of Derby Adult Learning Services, who also provide a range of short courses and services such as the Derby Employment Hub.
The Derby Employment Hub has been set up to provide one-to-one personal coaching support and advice, to help unemployed people get into work. You can access this service by telephone on 01332 640990 or email DerbyEmploymentHub@derby.gov.uk.
Do I need an appointment?
No, you don't need an appointment. The service is available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. We can contact you directly if you leave a message outside of these hours.
Help is also available through the National Careers Service. You can speak to an adviser from the National Careers Service by telephone: 0800 100 900. Or by getting a face to face referral through a Jobcentre Plus Job Coach.