Careers advice for adults
We are part of the National Careers Service and provide impartial and free advice and guidance to adults over 18. This is available to anyone in Derby and may cover the following topics depending on your needs:
- choosing the right job, career or learning course
- identifying your work skills
- getting back into employment after a period out of work
- progressing in your existing job or seeking a new career
- creating or updating a CV, completing application forms and preparing for interviews
- using ICT facilities to apply for jobs and courses
- finding out about qualifications and jobs, voluntary work and other support to get into work and learning.
How do I contact your Careers team?
Our National Careers Service team is part of Derby Adult Learning Services, which also provides a range of employability and skills courses.
We also work with other parts of Derby City Council to support people into the right job for them, as well as other organisations in Derby and surrounding areas that provide training and support.
You can contact us by telephone on 01332 956840 or email at DALSemployabilitySupport@derby.gov.uk.
Do I need an appointment?
We like to meet you and usually allow an hour for a meeting which can be face-to-face at the Council House, at one of the Derby Adult Learning Centres, or remotely by telephone or Microsoft Teams.
The service is available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, however, some remote support can be arranged outside of these hours.
We don’t have a telephone answerphone so if you aren’t able to reach us by phone, please send an email message and we will contact you.
For more on-line information please visit the National Careers Service website.