Careers advice for adults
What does careers@derby offer to adults?
Impartial, face to face advice and guidance is also available to adults over 19 with the qualified advisers from the careers@derby team, who can help you:
- choose the right job, career or learning course
- identify your work skills
- compile a successful CV, complete application forms and prepare for interviews
- use ICT facilities to apply for jobs and courses
- find out about qualifications and jobs, voluntary work and other support to get into work and learning.
How do adults contact careers@derby?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering free telephone and email support to anyone in Derby. You can access this service directly by telephoning 07812 300394 or emailing email@example.com.
Careers@derby is part of Derby Adult Learning Services who also provide a range of short courses that can be accessed by video link.
Do I need an appointment?
No you don't need an appointment. The service is available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. We can contact you directly if you leave a message outside of these hours.
Help is also available through the National Careers Service. You can speak to an adviser from the National Careers Service by telephone: 0800 100 900. Or by getting a face to face referral through a Jobcentre Plus Job Coach.