Derby's COVID alert level is 'Very High' (tier 3) - check out the latest COVID-19 guidance.
Working for us
Derby is a safe, compact city with a defined centre and cosmopolitan neighbourhoods. It has an internationally recognised industrial heritage and is one of the world's leading aerospace cities, with a strong identity and yet surrounded by beautiful countryside.
The city itself includes over 800 hectares of local parks and the river Derwent flows right through the centre.
More information about the city as an exciting place to live and work can be found on the VisitDerby website
Derby – a caring and successful city at the heart of the Midlands, proud of its heritage and ambitious for the future.
Here at Derby City Council we are committed to four values:
- We are Bold
- We are Strong
- We Care
- Great People, One Team.
If you decide to come to work for us, these shared values will help you understand how we engage with each other, our communities, residents and partners.
We are bold
We have the courage to speak up, challenge current systems and practices and feel empowered to take appropriate and measured risks.
- We are courageous and find innovative and creative ways to deliver and challenge the status quo
- We are open minded, take reasonable and explored risks and make responsible decisions
- Our positive attitude means that we find ways of achieving excellent outcomes.
We are strong
We excel using our strengths and have the confidence to ask for help and support when we need to.
- We are responsible and accountable, speaking up and encouraging challenge
- We are self-aware so know our own strengths and limitations
- We take responsibility for our own learning and development
Caring is what motivates us. We care about what we can achieve for Derby.
- We care about the wellbeing of all our colleagues, customers, citizens and stakeholders
- We behave with integrity, celebrate diversity and challenge inequality
- We are public servants doing our best to achieve positive outcomes for Derby everyday
Great people, one team
We are great people working as one team: we get the best out of each other and together achieve great things for Derby.
- We are proud of making a difference for Derby and look for opportunities to collaborate
- We value and trust others and give and receive constructive feedback and support each other
- We are driven to make a positive difference everyday.