Apply for a house to house collections licence
Documents required before submitting an application
In support of your application you must also include:
- A valid agreement between the charity and the organisation who will be carrying out the collection stipulating the start and end dates of the agreement.
- A letter from the charity which authorises the relevant organisation to do the collection on their behalf.
Some charities such as Christian Aid and British Heart Foundation will have a Home Office Exemption Order which exempts them from having to apply for a licence.
Even if your organisation has a Home Office Exemption Order, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the Licensing team of the dates that you will be collecting in Derby.
Apply for a licence
How to apply
1. Complete the House to house collection licence application form.
2. Complete the House to house collection accounts return form.
3. Ensure you have obtained all the required supporting documentation and submit this with the application form. Any application received without supporting documentation will not be processed.
4. Email the following to email@example.com:
- completed application form
- completed accounts return form
- supporting documentation.
If your application is successful the Licensing team will issue you a licence. Please allow one month for your licence to be issued.
During this time you must not start collecting otherwise you could face a fine or penalty.