Apply for a pleasure boat or vessel licence
Documents required before submitting an application
In support of an application you will need to obtain and supply the following documents. Any application received without supporting documentation will not be processed.
- Full survey carried out by a suitable qualified marine surveyor confirming the boat/ vessels suitability for the intended purpose and that the boat/vessel meets the requirements of the Inland Waters Small Passenger Boat Code.
- Signed declaration of compliance with Sound Practice, Safe Waters Inland Waters Small Passenger Boat Code.
- A recreational craft directive (RCD) for brand new boats or a Boat Safety Scheme Certificate for older boats.
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate (£5 million minimum).
- Plan of the boat (with location of safety equipment and exit routes/ access for disabled persons).
- Confirmation of training or experience level of Boatperson.
Apply for a licence
How to apply
1. Complete the Pleasure boat or vessel licence application form
2. Ensure you have obtained all the required supporting documentation and submit this with the application form. Any application received without supporting documentation will not be processed.
3. View and pay the licence fee prior to submitting your application. Our licensing payments page explains what fees apply and how to pay them.
4. Email the following to email@example.com:
- completed application form
- supporting documentation
- a copy of your payment receipt.
You must include your payment receipt and supporting documentation with the application. Any application received without a payment receipt or supporting documentation will not be processed.