Amend or renew a sex shop licence
Amend a licence
If you wish to amend a previously issued sex shop licence you must notify the Licensing team.
How to amend a licence
1. View and pay the licence fee prior to submitting your amendment. Our licensing payments page explains what fees apply and how to pay them.
2. Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- licence holder details - name, address and telephone number
- shop name and address
- details of proposed amendments
- if you are requesting shop window changes, include copies of the wording and any images you want to display in the shop window.
- copy of your payment receipt.
You must include a copy of your payment receipt with the amendment. Any amendment received without a payment receipt will not be processed.
All amendment requests will be reviewed by the Licensing team and licence holders will be contacted to discuss the amendments before an updated licence is issued.
Renew a licence
Applicants will be sent a renewal reminder approximately three months before the licence expires. The responsibility for renewal remains with the licence holder and after the initial reminder is issued, no further reminder will be sent.
If a licence lapses the holder cannot operate a sex shop until the relevant licence has been issued.
How to renew a licence
To renew a licence you must:
- submit a new application form
- complete the required pre-application tasks
- pay the renewal licence fee.
Please follow the instructions on the apply for a licence page to renew a licence.