Temporary footbridge - Walter's Walkway
Following an assessment of the existing Darley Mills Bridge Derby City Council stepped in to prevent access onto the Mills Bridge in May 2022.
In October 2022 we installed Walters Walkway footbridge above the existing bridge to reconnect the link over the river.
7 September 2023 Derby City Council is looking at proposals to keep bridge access to Darley Abbey Mills open. Cabinet will consider purchasing the temporary Walter’s Walkway, when it meets next week.
Feasibility option drawings
In March 2023 we presented a series of feasibility option drawings to the members of the public.
- Drawing 55-35-26-SC22-001 – Existing bridge location plan
- Drawing 55-35-26-SC22-002 – Existing and suggested bridge sections
- Drawing 55-35-26-SC22-003 – Replacement bridge alignment option 1
- Drawing 55-35-26-SC22-004 – Replacement bridge alignment option 2
- Drawing 55-35-26-SC22-005 – Replacement bridge alignment option 3
- Drawing 55-35-26-SC22-006 – Replacement bridge alignment option 4
- Drawing 55-35-26-SC22-007 – Replacement bridge alignment option 5
- Drawing 55-35-26-SC22-008 – Examples of structures over the river