Local Sustainable Transport Fund
Local Sustainable Transport Fund 2015/16 revenue bid
In March 2014, we submitted a bid to the Department for Transport (DfT) for extra funding from the Local Sustainable Transport Fund for 2015/16. Our aim is to continue to improve sustainable transport options for commuters, visitors and businesses in Derby, building on the success of the current Better Ways to Work programme.
- Local Sustainable Transport Fund revenue bid 2015-16
- Local Sustainable Transport Fund revenue bid 2015-16 appendices
Better Ways to Work
We have secured £4.922 million from the government's Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF) for funding up to March 2015. The LSTF is aimed at encouraging people to cycle, walk and use public transport as well as measures that help manage traffic and congestion and encourage visitors to the city. Our programme, called 'Better Ways to Work', is delivering projects that will help to achieve carbon reductions whilst achieving economic growth in the south east quadrant of Derby.
What is 'Better Ways to Work' aiming to achieve?
'Better Ways to Work' is seeking to address two key problems:
- Tackling peak hour congestion to reduce the impact that this has on both the environment in terms of carbon emissions and the economy in terms of the viability of the key regeneration sites.
- Maximising accessibility by sustainable modes to key regeneration sites to ensure that we can get people into work and that the Derby's employers have good access to a local workforce.
The programme will address these problems by:
- Improving sustainable transport options for commuters and businesses.
- Encouraging behaviour change through a smarter choices package.
- Enabling job-seekers to access employment at targeted sites.
- Working with employers to support sustainable travel.
- Ensuring new developments build in sustainable travel options from the start.
Derby's business community, partners and public transport operators have shown great enthusiasm for this vital project.
You can use this link to view or download a pdf version of Derby's Local Sustainable Transport Fund Bid.
How do I find out more?
Contact the transport planning team if you have any questions about the Local Sustainable Transport Fund or content of the LSTF bid.