Information for professionals
Professionals such as social care workers are required to consider any issues in relation to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
If you believe that you have witnessed a deprivation of liberty for someone without capacity to consent, and the Managing Authority are not taking appropriate action, you can apply to Derby City Council (the Supervisory Body) yourself. For letters to request an assessment or review go to the webpage Information for customers, families, friends or carers.
Blank forms and information
Code of Practice
Forms for Best Interest Assessor
- Form 3 - Age, Mental Capacity, No Refusals, Best Interests Assessment and Selection of Representative
- Form 3 - Age, Mental Capacity, No Refusals, Best Interests Assessment and Selection of Representative (With information prompts)
- Form 3A - Best Interest Assessment - No Deprivation
Forms for the Supervisory Body (Derby City Council)
- Form 5 - Standard Authorisation Granted
- Form 6 - Standard Authorisation Not Granted
- Form 8 - Termination of Representative
- Form 9 - Standard Authorisation Ceased
- Form 11 - Independent Mental Capacity Advocate Referral