Local land charges: search
We accept search requests by email and payment can be made online for all of our search products. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept searches by post or payment by cheque. If you would like to set up an account facility or have any other enquiries please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Our current search turnaround time on 18 January 2023 is approximately 6 working days. Searches are worked on in the order that they are received.
All search responses are answered in line with the Law Society's LLC1 and Con29 forms. We are also able to answer optional enquiries and solicitors' own questions. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two types of searches provided:
- local authority searches – we research the records we hold as a local authority to prepare and send out official search results
- private companies acting as personal search agents – each company or agent makes an appointment to view records for the property they wish to search on.
We can also receive search requests from the National Land Information Service (NLIS) and TM Property Searches.
We can accept card payments by using our online payments service. We can also accept payment by BACS transfer. You can easily and quickly set up monthly customer account facilities with us and pay during the month after requesting the search. For more information, please email email@example.com.
It is a full and comprehensive search of the Council's property records. We answer a series of questions and can provide the official certificate LLC1 – a search of all items in the Local Land Charges Register. We also provide answers to, enquiries of a local authority on form CON29R and form Con29O.
Relevant records are searched to make sure that there are no hidden surprises, for example:
- a new bypass planned for the bottom of your garden
- notices requiring you to take action to fix outstanding problems with your property
- planning consents and those that have conditions attached
- tree preservation orders
- conservation areas
- Listed buildings
- Section 106 agreements with developers about land use and any restrictions
- smoke control orders.
Items revealed on the CON29R part of the search include Planning, Highways, Environmental Health, Housing, Drainage and Building Control Issues. An additional set of optional questions, CON29O, can be asked if extra information is required. We can answer these and solicitors' own questions on payment of an extra fee.
From 1 April 2020, the amount of site history that we reveal relating to planning application history has changed. From that date in the LLC1, we will reveal conditional planning applications back to 1 August 1977. CON29 planning site history as part of a search will be revealed back to 1 April 2000. This is due to earlier records not being digitised.
If you require pre 1 April 2000 planning consent information, please contact us as an additional fee may apply.
- from 1 April 2022, a local authority produced standard residential search costs £114.50
- from 1 April 2022, a local authority produced commercial search costs £324.65.
For further information about our prices please see our local land charges fees document.
- by BACS automated payment
- by setting up monthly account facilities.
Paying for your Local Land Charges search online
To pay online you will need a debit or credit card
- Visit our online payments service
- Select the items you require and complete the details
- If you aren't sure of the fee required contact us.
Paying for your Local Land Charges search by BACS
To set up BACS (automated payment system for banks), please contact us.
As soon as you have made your payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your remittance quoting the following information:
- the sort code 30-92-59
- the account number 00006306
- the reference 1000071 S1055 BACS
- the details of the search, information or documents that you require.
Paying for your Local Land Charges search with a monthly account
Please contact us and, once set up, we will send an invoice with details of the searches carried out on a monthly basis. You will then be able to email all search requests with the relevant plans to email@example.com.
You would normally pay your account monthly by direct debit by the 15th of the month following the receipt of a request.
Our current turnaround time is approximately 6 working days. Please note that this turnaround time can change on a daily basis.
We can provide copies of documents that are referred to in a search response. For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download Derbyshire Staffordshire Information Sheet Summer 2019.