If you pay for your care, you can still ask us to make arrangements that meet your care needs. We will charge a Care Arrangement Fee to cover the costs of arranging your care and support. We must arrange for your care if you ask us to.
Services that we can arrange
- homecare support
- daycare at a council-run day centre.
If you’d like to employ a Personal Assistant or aren’t sure if we can arrange your care, don’t worry. Just get in touch and we’ll be able to let you know. There are a number of local organisations that can help you arrange other care and we can provide details if you need them.
If you ask us to arrange your care, we will charge you a set-up fee and an annual fee. This means we’ll manage your care throughout the year. The charges might change on a yearly basis.
You won’t pay anything until the services are arranged and finalised.
Sometimes we won’t ask you to pay for your Care Arrangements. We won’t charge for:
- intermediate care, including reablement
- community equipment – aids and minor adaptations
- care and support provided to people with Creutzfeldt Jacob Disease
- after-care services/support provided under Section 117 of the Mental Health Act 1983
- any service which the NHS is under a duty to provide
- any service that a local authority is under a duty to provide through other legislation
If you have an assessment that says you have eligible care needs, your social care worker will discuss the Care Arrangements service with you.
If you haven’t had an assessment, you can get in touch with us straight away.