Register employees and premises
How to register
1. Complete the Piercing - premises registration form. If you intend to work from home you will need to check with the Planning team to see if you need to apply or have planning permission to operate a business from your home email email@example.com.
2. Complete a Piercing - personal registration form for each member of staff who carries out treatments.
3. View and pay the licence fee prior to submitting your application. Our licensing payments page explains what fees apply and how to pay them.
4. Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- completed application form(s)
- copy of your payment receipt.
You must include a copy of your receipt with the application. Any application received without a payment receipt will not be processed.
What happens after an application is submitted?
After an application is submitted the Licensing team will contact you to arrange a registration inspection for your premises.
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health has published a Tattooing and body piercing guidance: Toolkit on how to provide safe and hygienic tattooing and body piercing practices.
Displaying the registration certificate
Following the registration inspection, and if your application is successful, we will issue registration certificates to you to confirm that you have registered both the premises and the people carrying out the treatment.
Certificates must be displayed in your premises to make customers aware that your business complies with health and safety legislation.
You must display a copy of your certificate (or licence) and any byelaws in a prominent place on your premises. If you fail to do so you could face a fine or penalty.
The Licensing Team is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use our services.
Please view Licensing Team Privacy Notices for further information. Printed copies are available on request.