Skin piercing register information
Do I need to register?
You must register with Derby City Council if you carry out any of the following procedures at your premises:
- cosmetic piercing (body piercing)
- semi-permanent make up including microblading
- any other invasive treatments.
- the business premises where procedures are carried out
- each person registered to carry out the treatment.
If an application is approved you will be issued with two certificates by the Licensing team:
- a premises certificate
- a certificate for each person carrying out treatments.
The purpose of the certificates is to:
- show that you have registered both the premises and people carrying out the treatments
- make customers aware that your business complies with health and safety legislation
Displaying registration certificates
Copies of your certificates, along with any byelaws must be displayed in a prominent place on your premises. If you fail to do so, you could face a fine.
As part of the application process, all applicants are required to undergo a registration inspection by a member of the Licensing team. The inspection will be used in conjunction with information submitted on the application form to determine whether a premises or a person is suitable for the requested procedures.
Once an application form is submitted, the Licensing team will contact you to arrange a date and time for the visit.
How long does registration last for?
Registration certificates do not expire. If any of the details on a registration certificate change you will need to re-register by submitting a new application form and paying the relevant fee.
Fines and penalties
If a premises or employee operates without a registration certificate, the owners of the premises and employees involved could be taken to court and a fine or penalty issued.
The Licensing Team is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use our services.
Please view Licensing Team Privacy Notices for further information. Printed copies are available on request.