Skin piercing register information
Do I need to register?
You must register with Derby City Council if you carry out any of the following procedures at your premises:
- cosmetic piercing (body piercing)
- semi-permanent make up including microblading
- any other invasive treatments.
- the business premises where procedures are carried out
- each person registered to carry out the treatment.
If an application is approved you will be issued with two certificates by the Licensing team:
- a premises certificate
- a certificate for each person carrying out treatments.
The purpose of the certificates is to:
- show that you have registered both the premises and people carrying out the treatments
- make customers aware that your business complies with health and safety legislation
Displaying registration certificates
Copies of your certificates, along with any byelaws must be displayed in a promininet place on your premises. If you fail to do so, you could face a fine.
As part of the application process, all applicants are required to undergo a registration inspection by a member of the Licensing team. The inspection will be used in conjunction with information submitted on the application form to determine whether a premises or a person is suitable for the requested procedures.
Once an application form is submitted, the Licensing team will contact you to arrange a date and time for the visit.
How long does registration last for?
Registration certificates do not expire. If any of the details on a registration certificate change you will need to re-register by submitting a new application form and paying the relevant fee.