Partnership engagement with children and young people
One of our most important jobs is listening to the voice of children and young people. We see them as future leaders that are unique and have different ways of thinking. Even if a child or young person is non-verbal, they still have something to say.
As a partnership, we deliver many different services to children and young people and must continue to work with them. They must be treated as equal partners and given the same rights as adults when making decisions.
Actively seeking the views of children and young people and co-producing brings about significant improvement in performance and quality to services. This leads to:
- value for money
- healthier, safer children
- young people as active citizens
Practitioners will develop new ways of thinking and working driven by today's children and young people's voices, which keeps improvements relevant, modern and efficient.
More information is available in the Children and Young People's Partnership Participation Strategy 2020-2023 or watch a YouTube video explaining the strategy.
Any partner organisation that would like us to publicise their consultation can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest consultation activities
To view and participate in the latest consultation activities:
- Read details of Derby City Council's latest consultations
- Get involved with the Clinical Commissioning Group, who help shape local health services and monitor the quality of the services and care provided to patients
- Provide feedback on Derby's SEND Local Offer
- Get involved with MH:2K, who enable young people aged 14 to 25 to explore mental health issues and influence decision making in their local area
- Give your views on health and wellbeing services to the Citizens Panel
- Get involved with the Derby Homes Youth Panel, if you live in a Derby Homes property and are between the ages of 13 and 19