Primary Authority Partnership Scheme
We operate a Primary Authority Partnership scheme for businesses that trade across council boundaries. This means that qualifying businesses can enter into a legally recognised partnership with us, receiving an agreed package of advice and support.
Charging under a Primary Authority Partnership is on a cost recovery only basis.
As a Primary Authority, we will provide businesses, or a group of businesses, with appropriate, assured regulatory advice on which they can rely.
The benefits of a Primary Authority Partnership are:
- Assured advice − the advice given by a Primary Authority is nationally binding and other councils are required to take this into account when carrying out inspections or dealing with non-compliance.
- Reduced cost of compliance - Primary Authority Partnerships can reduce costs by providing certainty to your business.
- Simplified regulatory process allowing you to work with a single local authority. As a Unitary Authority, we can offer both Environmental Health and Trading Standards support.
- A reduced risk of non-compliance.
- A single point of contact with designated officers who will know you and your business.
Further information about the scheme and a public list of registered primary authority partnerships is available on the Primary Authority website.
If you would like to find out more about forming a Primary Authority Partnership with us, please contact us by phone on 01332 640779 or email.