Normanton neighbourhood ward
Normanton Neighbourhood team
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, or if you have any ideas on how to improve your local area, or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
|Sarah Dosunmu||Neighbourhood Manager||01332 email@example.com|
|Jane Paling||Neighbourhood Officer||01332 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paula Solowij||Derby Homes Area Housing Manager||01332 email@example.com|
Anti-social behaviour and crime
If you wish to complain about anti-social behaviour or report a crime you can contact the Normanton Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
- telephone: 101
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Find out more about the Normanton Safer Neighbourhood Team on Derbyshire Constabulary's website.
Normanton Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- decides where delegated Council budgets are to be spent
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget from April 2021. The budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (Non-commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the board, please read the guidance and complete the form:
The Neighbourhood Board also has access to another community grant funding pot provided by RRS, Resourse Recovery Solutions. If you are interested in making a funding application, then please complete the RRS Funding Application Form.
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
Members of Normanton Neighbourhood Board 2023/24
- Chair - Councillor Sandhu
- Councillor Jangir Khan
- Councillor Kaur
Partner/Community and Voluntary Organisations/Services
- Sajda Kausar - NHS Derby City
- Insp Keith Chambers - Derbyshire Police
- Nanda Savage - MAT Team
- Sarah Dosunmu - Neighbourhood Manager
- Lorraine Dryden - Neighbourhood Partnership Officer
- Rebecca Haynes - Local Area Coordinator
- Neil Barber - St Giles Church
- Lesley Watson, Metropolitan
- Dave Lamb
- Jill Lamb
- David Butler
- Janet Tristram
- Gordon Savage
- Simon Bacon
- Lisa Sherwood
How can I join the Normanton Neighbourhood Board?
If you are interested in joining your local Neighbourhood Board, or your community group is interested in nominating a representative, download, complete and return an Board membership application form or contact us.
Normanton Neighbourhood Forum
If you have an interest in your local area, you can go to one of Normanton Neighbourhood Forum's open public meetings.
These meetings take place within the Ward only if there is an identified issue that requires a meeting. When a Neighbourhood Forum is required it will be advertised, but for further information please contact Lorraine Dryden, email: email@example.com
Normanton Neighbourhood Forum dates and papers for 2020/22
The Neighbourhood Forum meetings are currently on hold due to the current COVID-19 situation and as soon as it is safe to do so we will arrange the next Neighbourhood Forum Meeting.
This is an initiative to tackle the perception of crime, strengthen community spirit, resolve community issues and litter pick. This involves councillors and local residents leading high profile and visible patrols.
The idea behind this is to get back to traditional community values of local people looking out for each other. Patrols take place in a different part of the community within the Normanton Ward. We walk, talk, greet and listen, dealing with issues we come across while hopefully having some fun at the same time.
The next dates for the ward walkabouts are:
|8 February 2022||4 pm||Junction of Middleton Street and Goodale Street|
|15 March 2022||4 pm||Junction of Caxton Street and Coleridge Street|
Normanton neighbourhood priorities
The Board at its previous meeting agreed the following as work areas for the team. A verbal update will be provided at the meeting.
- Fly tipping enforcement
- Deep Cleans
- Compactor Days
- Litter from Premises
- Tipping on private land
- Roads and pavements - see suggested streets for potential consideration for next year
- Car parks and open spaces
- Charlotte Street car park - CCCTV camera installed by Police to tackle ASB and environmental crime.
- Peartree Road car park - proposal for lining on the area and to include in a potential Local Transport Plan scheme
- Walbrook Road car park - proposal for lining on the area and to include in a potential Local Transport Plan scheme
- Bethulie Road - Proposal for junction protection along a number of junctions, public consultation to take place.
- St Thomas Road - Improve pedestrian facilities, including potential dropped kerbs crossing and crossing facilities.
Traffic and parking
- Traffic and parking issues
- Portland Street - Deployment of a SID (Speed Indicating Device) to assist in reported speeding at the location.
- Pear Tree Crescent - Proposal to address reported speeding and traffic issues
- Maintaining front gardens
- Maintaining hedges
- Addressing fly tipping
- Open space
Rawdon Street/Church Street area
- Work with Metropolitan and Derwent Living
- Stanhope Street open area
- Food dumping
- General litter and kids hanging around on the street
Peartree Stakeholders Meeting
- Residents meeting
- Litter pick events
- PPO work
- Business Forum
- Police and Crime Commissioner actions
- Working with partners to address fly-tipping, licensing issues and improve the aesthetics.
Engaging with communities
- Neighbourhood Board
- Neighbourhood Forum meetings
- Ward Walkabouts
- Work with schools
- GBSC campaign events
- Public consultation