Sinfin neighbourhood ward
Sinfin Neighbourhood team
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have any ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
|Neighbourhood Manager||01332 email@example.com|
|Jonathan Till||Neighbourhood Officer||01332 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tracey O'Connor||Derby Homes Area Housing Manager||01332 email@example.com|
Anti-social behaviour and crime
If you wish to complain about anti-social behaviour or report a crime you can contact the Sinfin Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
- telephone: 101
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Find out more about the Sinfin and Osmaston Safer Neighbourhood Team on Derbyshire Constabulary's website.
Sinfin Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees on the priorities for the neighbourhood
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget from October 2019 and will receive a further budget from April 2020. The budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (Non Commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the board, please read the guidance and complete the form:
The Neighbourhood Board also has access to another community grant funding pot provided by RRS, Resource Recovery Solutions. If you are interested in making a funding application then please complete the RRS Funding Application form.
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
Members of Sinfin Neighbourhood Board 2022/23
- Lorraine Dryden (Temporary Cover) - Neighbourhood Partnership Manager
- Tracy O’Connor – Area Housing manager/Derby Homes
- Jonathan Till - Neighbourhood Partnership Officer/Derby Homes
- Kate Tilsley (Temporary Cover) - Local Area Coordinator
- Chair - Councillor Peatfield
- Councillor Shanker
- Councillor West
Partners and residents:
- Shareen Akhtar - Derbyshire Fire and Rescue
- Gillian Todd - Resident/Sinfin Community Centre
- Michael Vernon - Old Sinfin Resident/Sinfin Community Centre
- Colin Attenborough - Resident/Friends of Sinfin Moor Park/Sinfin Moor Church
- Gina Mildren - Old Sinfin Resident
- David Walsh - Sporting Communities
- Alistair Bagnall – Derby City Council
- Inspector Aaron Shaw – Derbyshire Police
- Jason O’Conner – Derby City Council
- Jonathan Hornblow – Metropolitan Housing Association
- Mary Edwards – Osmaston Resident
- Rickdeep Perdisi – Representing Arleston Hall
- Paul Desborough – Sinfin Moor Church
- Roy Woolley – Osmaston Resident
- Sgt Tony England – Derbyshire Police
- Sharon Booth – Derby City Council
- Michael Whitehead – Osmaston Resident
- Stacey Worthington – Derby Homes
How can I join the Sinfin Neighbourhood Board?
Sinfin neighbourhood priorities
- Cohesive and strong communities
- Dealing with ASB and crime
- Educaction and training/life skills
Ward walkabouts are an initiative to strengthen community spirit and build safer communities. This involves councillors, Streetpride, Derby Homes and the police, together with local residents leading a high-profile and visible patrol. The idea behind this is to get back to traditional community values of local people looking out for each other and identifying any problems raised in the area. We will greet and listen so come along and join us. Ward walkabouts take place on the second Monday of the month from 5 pm until 6 pm. (In the months of November and December the Ward Walkabouts will be between 12-1pm).
For further information please telephone Jonathan Till on 01332 888725.
|14 November 2022||12noon to 1pm||
Elton Road, meeting near the shops
|12 December 2022||12noon to 1pm||Deep Dale Lane, meeting near Chaira Brother's shop|